I am



A bit of a music snob, i'm usually of the opinion that if it's in the charts, I don't want to hear it. If it's on the radio? I doubly do NOT care.

Sometimes, and I hate to say it, but I sometimes wonder if i'm turning into one of those "I liked them BEFORE they..." kind of people. Why am I lying? I am pretty much already one of those people look...

I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I'M SO COOL AND KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING COOL BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE DOES, DO YOU KNOW WHAT TREND RESEARCHERS CALL ME? A TASTE MAKER. THAT'S RIGHT. REVEL IN MY UNIQUENESS.

I had to get that off my chest.

But as I get older I realise that, that side of my personality is so unattractive. It also prevents me from enjoying a LOT of things because i'm too busy analysing it. I've consciously tried to stop doing it recently, because I had the revelation that, even though I may not enjoy everything that is happening pop culture wise, it is still happening in my time. I don't want to miss out on my time because i'm too busy looking down on everything.

So the point: I usually do not listen to the radio because of reasons I've already explained but if i'm only listening to my iPod -that I haven't properly updated in about 5 years- chances are that amongst the shiet, i'm actually missing out on things I like. Just like this song by Deadmau5, a song that i've recently heard because the office i'm in at the moment plays BBC radio 1:



I really really, really. REALLY. Like this song. Deadmau5 is actually one of the artists I used to kind of despise because I thought he was a try hard "what do you know about dubstep".

Also, and this is the one that surprised me. I realised that I actually like a One direction song. GRANTED, RADIO 1 PLAYS IT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY, SO ITS PROBABLY A SLIGHT CASE OF MIND PROGRAMMING HERE. But regardless of whether its the illuminati playing with my brain or not, I'm still really excited whenever this song comes on:




This week my 14 year old twin sisters ridiculed me when they heard me singing this song ("THAT SONG'S SO OLD"), that's going to be an inevitable side effect of opening my arms wide to the world and receiving everything I've missed. I'm going to have to deal with a lot of 'old me' behavior from everyone else.

I guess that's my punishment for being a mainstream hating lady pants.

Share this:

, , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment hurr, dankeschön.